Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Random Thoughts and Adventures of the Day

Yesterday I had an x-ray taken that shows no cartilage in half of each knee. No wonder it's hurt so much over the years and I'm afraid to run. It was limping through the auto show that finally got me to get it checked out: I'm so relieved I wasn't just wimping out! I got a cortisone shot in one knee and it seems to work to relieve the pain, but I want a more permanent solution.

Got an answer to my message from the other day: he says that in 17 years of pastoring, he's seen more people with too high an opinion of themselves and fewer with the self-hate I mentioned although he agrees that self-hate is a form of idolatry because it means you think more of your own opinion about yourself than God's opinion of you. I bow to his anecdotal evidence but most of the people I know cover self-hate with bluster that looks like conceit. I don't know...

Had a student give me an apology for seeming to doze in class tonight. I didn't blame her. If I had to listen to anyone (even someone as wannabe interesting as I am) for the duration of the 2.5 hour class I would be snoozing. She's actually very sharp and certainly didn't need to apologize.

Got our car back from its $550 dollar visit to the auto shop: front end fixed and it's smooth riding again, just like it was when we first got it. It is quite a pleasure to drive it.

Had a solo dance lesson today because my wife is sick. Even so she still had to work all day, but I did have a good lesson. It's all about learning to be a better leader now: standing up straight, head up, frame strong, push with the right don't pull with the left. And our favorite teacher isn't planning to dump us: whew!!

Adventure in the morning taking a taxi cab to sick call: worked out well and cost only $15. We'll do it again when we have to. And they take credit cards.

No comments: